Robins & Morton, a privately held company, was founded in 1946 by Todd Robins. Originally called Robins Engineering, the company’s first project was an 800 square-foot gas station on the east side of Birmingham. For the next 20 years the company focused on the engineering, design and construction of steel mills in the South and Midwest.
The construction of Downtown General Hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee in the early 70’s marked the beginning of Robins & Morton’s healthcare construction emphasis. Larger healthcare construction projects followed and the company met each new challenge with innovation, enthusiasm and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Since then, Robins & Morton has grown from a modest construction firm into one of the top contractors in the United States. As reflected in the company’s Values, Mission and Vision, Robins & Morton was founded on principles of quality, integrity and commitment. A dedication to exceeding our clients’ expectations has allowed us to complete more than 1000 successful projects totaling more than 41 million square feet in 34 states. Over the years we have grown from our initial office in Birmingham to offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Huntsville, Nashville, Miami and Orlando. These geographic offices help us better serve our existing clients and allow us to pursue new opportunities in these areas.