Robins & Morton wins nine awards from Associated Builders and Contractors
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Oct. 2, 2014) – Robins & Morton received nine Excellence in Construction awards from the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Alabama.
ABC will recognize the following projects at tonight’s banquet held at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts, Healthcare $10 Million to $25 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- Fort Benning: Love Dental Clinic, Federal Government $10 Million to $25 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- Fort Rucker: Vertical Acceleration Tower (VAT) and Building 8825, Federal Government/Military Less than $10 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- Opelika High School, Institutional $25 Million to $50 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Dothan, Healthcare Less Than $10 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- CARBO: Grassroots Ceramic Proppant Manufacturing Facility, Industrial $50 Million to $100 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- Sylacauga Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renovation Less than $4 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- Mayo Clinic, Healthcare $25 Million to $50 Million, Obelisk Award (First Place)
- Carolinas Medical Center: Hematologic Oncology Center, Healthcare Less Than $10 Million, Merit Award
In addition to the nine awards from ABC’s Alabama Chapter, Robins & Morton also received a first place Eagle Award from ABC Mid-Tennessee chapter for the addition and renovation of Longview Regional Medical Center in Longview, Texas.
ABC’s Excellence in Construction program is the premier annual awards competition within the construction industry. The program recognizes individuals and companies who exemplify the high quality of merit-shop workmanship in their projects while upholding a dedication to building projects on time and under budget.
“We consider it an honor to have our work recognized by such a great organization of industry professionals,” Bill Morton, president and CEO of Robins & Morton, said. “We view these awards as a testament to our outstanding team of professionals, our commitment to excellence and most importantly, the satisfaction of our clients.”
About Robins & Morton
Founded in 1946, Robins & Morton is a privately held engineering and construction firm that consistently ranks among the 100 largest U.S. contractors in Engineering News-Record Magazine. As part of their¬ robust Training for Excellence program, Robins & Morton offers National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) training and credentialing, national craft assessments and US Department of Labor Standards of Apprenticeship training. Robins & Morton is based in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices in Dallas, Texas; Huntsville, Alabama; Orlando, Florida; Nashville, Tennessee; Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. For more information, visit www.robinsmorton.com.