Diversity and inclusion are important parts of Robins & Morton’s identity, ingrained in our values, goals and achievements. We believe that engaging people from different backgrounds brings perspectives that enrich our culture, enhance our work, and make us stronger as an organization. Our collaborative culture is based on respect and fosters engagement across all levels of our organization and throughout our jobsites.
Our participation in industry outreach programs, and our support for education and mentorship programs, helps attract and develop a diverse workforce. We recognize that this is a journey forward and are committed to strengthening our efforts that make Robins & Morton a more diverse and inclusive organization.
Supporting Small, Minority, Veteran, and Women-owned Business Enterprises
Robins & Morton’s cultural emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and leadership development guides its partnerships with diverse-owned business enterprises. We are committed to affording equal opportunity to all based upon job-relevant performance, experience, and accomplishments.
We are actively involved with the Small Business Administration (SBA) and have participated in its various programs, such as the Mentor Protégé Partnership Program, for years. Currently, Robins & Morton holds a Mentor Protégé Partnership with a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Through the Mentor Protégé Partnership and similar programs, we can help Small, Minority, Veteran, and Women-owned small business enterprises expand their footprint.
Robins & Morton prioritizes partnerships with small and diverse-owned businesses because their work strengthens communities and the local economy. Through our participation in programs such as the SBA’s Mentor Protégé Partnership, we’re able to help companies gain entry and experience with larger, more complex work. Sharing best practices with small business enterprises helps develop equity that, in turn, offers opportunity for independence and long-term growth. These partnerships better the construction industry, producing a continuously evolving workforce, always growing in sophistication.
We offer outreach opportunities to diverse-owned businesses in the local communities where we work. Upcoming projects in the bidding phase will be posted on BuildingConnected, with in-person and virtual meet-and-greets for interested local businesses.
- Small Business Administration: https://www.sba.gov/
- SBA Mentor Protégé Program: https://www.sba.gov/federal-contracting/contracting-assistance-programs/sba-mentor-protege-program
- Contracting Assistance Programs: https://www.sba.gov/federal-contracting/contracting-assistance-programs
- Certification Classifications and Requirements: https://www.sba.gov/federal-contracting/contracting-guide/types-contracts
- Get Local SBA Assistance: https://www.sba.gov/local-assistance#locations-page
- S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business: https://www.uschamber.com/small-business
- GSA Small Business Resources: https://www.gsa.gov/small-business/small-business-resources
- Veteran Small Business Certification: https://veterans.certify.sba.gov/