Robins & Morton believes that a safe workplace is key to operational excellence. We foster a safety-focused environment that continually works to eliminate at-risk behaviors that may result in injuries, claims, and disruptions. Our company leads the safety dialogue among all participants in our projects. Our methods and practices include:
- Human Performance Operating Philosophy – This approach incorporates an understanding of human and organizational performance, including human error with an emphasis on expected behaviors and consequence control methodologies to ensure risk minimization and elimination.
- 12 Seconds to Safety – This personal risk management tool supplements the task planning process and promotes employees to engage the mind before the hands by pausing to ask themselves questions related to the task before acting.
- Safety Appreciation/Recognition– Recognizing safe behavior promotes safety awareness and immediate positive reinforcement to individuals demonstrating safe behaviors.
- Safety Lunches – This bi-monthly practice provides a regular forum to discuss, recognize, and reinforce project safety expectations. It also promotes a culture of caring between all project employees.
- Safety Management System Assessment– This assessment benchmarks a project based on key performance indicators required of the entire project team to effectively manage safety.
- Senior Leaders Assessment of Field Safety Excellence (S.A.F.E. Walk) – This practice actively engages company leadership in day-to-day jobsite operations, ultimately creating the opportunity to interact with the craft professionals on a personal level around our safety message.