Robins & Morton believes that a safe workplace is key to operational excellence. We foster a safety-focused environment that continually works to eliminate at-risk behaviors that may result in injuries, claims, and disruptions. Our company leads the safety dialogue among all participants in our projects. We utilize methods and practices such as:
- Human Performance – This approach incorporates an understanding of human and organizational performance, including human error with an emphasis on expected behaviors and consequence control methodologies to ensure risk minimization and elimination.
- 12 Seconds to Safety – This personal risk management tool supplements the pre-task planning process and promotes employees to engage the mind before the hands by pausing to ask themselves questions related to the task before acting.
- Safety Appreciation/Recognition– Recognizing safe behavior promotes safety awareness and immediate positive reinforcement to individuals demonstrating safe behaviors.
- Safety Lunches – This bi-monthly practice provides a regular forum to discuss, recognize, and reinforce project safety expectations. It also promotes a culture of caring between all project employees.
- Safety Management System Assessment– This assessment benchmarks a project based on key performance indicators required of the entire project team to effectively manage safety.
- Senior Leaders Assessment of Field Safety Excellence (S.A.F.E. Walk) – This practice actively engages company leadership in day-to-day jobsite operations, ultimately creating the opportunity to interact with the craft professionals on a personal level around our safety message.