Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) announced Robins & Morton as the 2019 National Excellence in Construction Pyramid Award winner for two projects at the 29th Annual Excellence in Construction Gala on March 27 in Long Beach, California.
Robins & Morton’s Pyramid Award winners include:
- AdventHealth Carrollwood: Healthcare, $25 million to $100 million category. The $52 million AdventHealth Carrollwood project included a three-level, 62,800-square-foot horizontal expansion and 40,810 square feet of renovation. The addition and renovation feature a loading dock, central sterile supply, support space, surgery expansion, and surgery renovation. This complex project affected various site utilities, including the relocation of existing chillers and associated piping of underground water retention vaults, main electrical service, gas service, water service and others. In addition to numerous infrastructure relocations, the project also included the addition of 2,900 square feet for new chiller space.
- UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Harrah’s Cherokee: Commercial, $10 million to $25 million category. The $18 million, 53,000-square-foot facility houses an arcade with 55 games, a full-service restaurant, three bars, an event stage and a bowling center with 24 lanes; 16 on the main level, and eight on the second floor. Sixty-two screens cover the walls of the restaurant, the bowling lanes, the billiards area and the outdoor patio. There is also a large, 260-square-foot drop-down screen available on the event stage for use when no live entertainment is scheduled, as well as a 185-square-foot, dual-sided screen that hovers over the main bar, allowing guests to view the screen from both sides, including the restaurant on the main level and second-level bowling lanes. Robins & Morton performed the bulk of construction – foundations to Certificate of Occupancy – in only seven months, opening the facility on Sept. 1, 2018, six weeks earlier than the contract date.
In addition to these national awards, Robins & Morton also took home 15 Excellence and Merit Awards from the Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama, North Alabama, Greater Tennessee, Central Florida and Carolinas chapters.
The Excellence in Construction awards program is the industry’s leading competition, developed to honor innovative and high-quality merit shop construction projects. The award honors all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer. The winning projects, selected from entries submitted from across the nation, were judged on complexity, attractiveness, unique challenges overcome, completion time, workmanship, innovation, safety and cost.
- AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Excellence in Construction
- Long Beach
- National Gala
- UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Harrah's Cherokee