Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) announced Robins & Morton as the 2019 National Excellence in Construction Eagle Award winner for three projects in healthcare and commercial categories on April 6.
Eagle Awards are equitable to first place and are followed by Pyramid Awards. Projects are eligible to compete for a national excellence designation after earning award-winning status in their respective regions. Robins & Morton’s national award winners include:
- Atrium Health Cabarrus, Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute. Atrium Health Cabarrus’ new tower addition in Concord, North Carolina, stands five stories, spans 164,334 square feet and boasts 60 patient beds. Home to the new Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, the tower also features interventional radiology services, new catheterization labs, electrophysiology labs, pre-op and post-op care services and a 14-bed cardiovascular intensive care unit. It is expected to serve more than 12,000 heart patients a year. This $67.3 million facility is a strategic component of a multi-year modernization project for Atrium Health’s Cabarrus campus to allow for future growth and development.
- Sanmina Plant Addition and Renovation. The renovation of Sanmina’s Huntsville, Alabama, 1960’s-era manufacturing facility occurred in three successive phases, bringing each area up to current standards, adding aesthetic elements and incorporating the latest technology. Although the space’s purpose remains the same, the plant now benefits from new offices and a large, upgraded conference room with improved functionality. The revamp will assist Sanmina in its quest to design, manufacture and repair some of the most complex audiovisual, electronic and mechanical products in the world.
- Duke Health Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade. To accommodate continuous growth and provide necessary infrastructure upgrades to Duke Health in Durham, North Carolina, Robins & Morton had to replace the campus’ prime electrical substations. This required more than 100 expertly coordinated and timed power shutdowns without impacting Duke’s continuum of care for hundreds of patients and staff.
In addition to these national awards, Robins & Morton also took home 18 Excellence and Merit Awards from the Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama, North Alabama, North Florida, Florida East Coast, Greater Tennessee, Central Florida and Carolinas chapters.
The Excellence in Construction Awards program was developed to honor innovative and high-quality merit shop construction projects. The Awards honor all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer. The winning projects are judged on complexity, attractiveness, unique challenges, completion time, quality, innovation, safety and cost.
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Atrium Health Cabarrus Heart and Vascular Institute
- Duke Health
- Eagle Award
- Excellence in Construction Awards
- North Carolina
- Sanmina Plant